This article is part of our NBA Draft Kit series.
With the 2021-22 regular season rapidly approaching, the RotoWire NBA crew presents their Expert Composite Rankings.
Some notes about the project:
- These are the individual and average rankings of Nick Whalen, Alex Barutha, James Anderson, Ken Crites and Gabe Allen.
- The process was different than in previous seasons. Rankings were not organized by hand, but rather through a program that had the user choose between two presented players – which one would you rather draft? The process was completed enough times to generate rankings. Participants were also encouraged not to look at statistical projections while completing the task.
- Why was this method chosen? In theory, it better represents the standard draft process. You can do plenty of preparation before the season – and maybe you have time to check projections during the draft – but when you're on the clock, the decision often comes down to a gut feeling.
- Some participants went through a list of 150 players, and some went through a list of 200, resulting in some players going unranked for individuals. However, those players still end up in the average rankings.
- The project started in mid-September, meaning some rankings would presumably change if it were re-done today. For example, less was known about Kyrie Irving's vaccination status, and Caris LeVert's back injury wasn't revealed.
- Rankings are based on eight-category leagues.
Note: Column headers are sortable